Congratulations, you are now dutch national ! Go ahead with applying your NL passport !
So you have been grated a dutch nationality. As soon as you receive the declaration, your current passport and any identification documents related to your country is not valid anymore. You need to apply for the dutch passport now. Here are the steps.
When can I apply for dutch passport?
When you receive the King’s Declaration that you are dutch national now, your previous passport is considered invalid. Then you need to apply for a dutch passport.
What is the cost of applying passport?
If you apply the passport within 5 working days after you receive the declaration, the charges for passport is Eur 73. If you apply after 5 working days, the costs for applying the passport is more.
What are the documents needed?
You will need to bring following documents with you :
– Declaration of becoming a dutch national
– A driving License or Resident Permit as an identification document
– A passport size photo (you can click this photo either in the studio or the photo from any photobooth at metro/train stations)
Where can you apply?
You can walk-in to the Gemeente nearby your area and apply for the passport with the documents. During covid-19 situation, you will need an appointment though. So call the Gemeente and book an appointment.
What will happen at the appointment?
The conversation may or may not be in dutch and it is not mandatory to speak dutch. If you are not understanding dutch, it will be translated to English. You will be asked :
– An identity such as driving license or Resident Permit (good to have both)
– if you have a partner, you will be required to choose if you want partner name as well in the passport. No extra document is needed for this. All the information is already with in the system.
– Your bio metric fingerprint will be taken.
– You height is checked. If you in advance, you can mention.
– The info will be added to the system and you will be asked to checked the info on paper if all the names/spelling/DOB are correct. If that is okay, you will be required to sign the document.
When can you collect the passport?
Your passport will be ready within 5 working days. You will be given an appointment to collect the passport on the same day of applying the passport.
Collect the passport from the Gemeente. Note that you will be required to submit the resident permit back to Gemeente during the collection of passport. This RP is old one and is not valid anymore.